Like any other analytical instrument, breathalyzers need routine calibration to ensure their accuracy. Calibration compensates for aging of sensor and other critical components. We strongly recommend that you calibrate your breathalyzer once every year or sooner.
How often does my breathalyzer require re-calibration? It varies depending on the specific breathalyzer model and its usage but it is recommended that breathalyzers be calibrated every 200 tests or at least once yearly (whichever comes first). Also, if a large number of "high positive" (high alcohol) readings are taken by the device, you may need to have calibration service performed much sooner than normally recommended.
- Our calibration procedures?
- * Perform functional test
- * Test and calibrate the unit for its entire reading range
- * Use automated DOT approved "Wet Bath Simulators"
- * Replace mouthpieces
- * Replace exterior plastic parts if broken
- * Complete the task in 5 working days
- How do I send my unit in for calibration?
- * Purchase a calibration coupon for your specific device.
- * Send the unit in its original packaging, if possible
- * Please DO NOT SEND mouthpieces nor batteries
- * Write calibration coupon number on the shipping label
- * Describe any or all problems in details.
- * Maker sure to mail the unit insured or at least with a delivery confirmation ticket
What if I have a newer Breathalyzer with a field replaceable sensor? If you have an AlcoMate Prestige AL6000 or the AlcoMate Premium AL7000, the field replaceable sensor modules are available for $29.95 and you can replace it yourself. Visit the links above to purchase any sensors you may need.
What if my unit was found defective and needs repair? If your device failed during or after calibration, it may need further repair or have the sensor replaced at which you will be notified immediately.
We will not attempt to repair without your authorization. If you choose not to approve the repair cost, the device will be mailed back to you with the initial calibration fee not refundable. This Fee can only be credited toward purchase of a new unit of equal or greater value.
Periodic Calibration Ensures Accuracy BreathalyzerAlcoholTester.com recommends periodic recalibration to verify proper performance of your instruments. While annual service is suggested, the time interval is dependent upon use and environmental conditions.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $189.95
Special Price $169.95As low as: $154.95
Regular Price: $349.95
Special Price $264.95
Regular Price: $149.95
Special Price $129.95As low as: $109.95
Regular Price: $109.95
Special Price $89.95As low as: $74.95